Thursday, April 10, 2014

Dude, You Should Totally Blog!

If I had a penny every time I heard the  phrase:

"You're so *insert adjective* "funny" "unique" "pretty" "interesting" "inspiring" "weird" you should totally make a BLOG!"

I would have at least five cents, heck maybe a whole half dollar! And you know, I've always been fascinated by the great mysterious art of blogging, and the great delving secrets of those who have lives 'so much more exciting than mine' are 'so much more creative than me' they are so artistic, smart, intuitive, intelligent, hilarious..... every attribute that makes a human lovable. This added to the fact that they are able to present it to the world while still appearing modest is, overall, awe-inspiring and intimidating at the same time.

I have tried to start a blog on several occasions, every time I would look on them with disgust. "The writing is off" "the events aren't interesting enough" "I like weird things" "no one will read this" I finally gave up and swore never to "blog" (waste of time anyway).

But recently I realized that this posting-block, as I will call it, was caused by the fact that I was writing with the intent of being a blogger. Becoming one of these internet-famous, talented, inspiring, overall stupendous humans so that every one could see how great I was, and ultimately be loved.

It's cliche, but it's true, as cliche's often are. I wasn't blogging for myself, to keep a record of my life; for ME to remember, to learn, and to create. I was doing it to be funny, smart, beautiful & lovable.

So if anything here is inspiring to you then fan-flippin'-tastic I'm so happy to help, and it truly is humbling, but to be honest there is one person I hope to reach- and that's me.

ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Be yourself, even if you don't know what that means yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment